Marine pollution is characterized as one of the great crises of our time, with devastating consequences for human health and ecosystems, for local economies, for the aesthetics of the environment and for the quality of life. Prevention, information and interventions in the coastal and marine environment require participation by everyone. Therefore, cooperation between bodies with common pursuits is necessary to enhance and accelerate the relevant actions.
In this context, the Athanasios C. Laskaridis Charitable Foundation, in addition to the cleanups it carries out as part of its own projects, supports other environmental organizations in the effort to clean up the coasts of the entire country. All cleanups are carried out using a common methodology and a single waste recording protocol, environmentally friendly materials and the principles of sustainability.
To date, the Foundation has supported the following organizations to carry out coastal and underwater cleanups:
– Hellenic Society for the Protection of Nature
-Greek Society for the Environment and Cultural Heritage
– HELMEPA – Hellenic Marine Environment Protection Association
– AEGEAN REBREATH
– Let’s Do It Greece
– TEAM FOR THE WORLD
– MEDITERRANEAN SOS
– NAXOS ISLAND WILDLIFE PROTECTION
– Union of Donousa’s people of Cyclades
– Association of Amorgos “Palia Strata”
– “Kimolistes” Volunteer Team
– Dive in Action – Protection of Underwater Formations of Santorini Volcano